Replacing/Shortening Tub Drain Pipe

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mooseythejuiceman

Reaction score
With some regret, I went the DIY route for my bathroom remodel. I realized after replacing the tub that the trap I installed for the tub (see pic) hangs lower than the to-be-replaced drywall ceiling in the basement. Additionally, the long straight pipe that follows the trap is angled the wrong direction (toward the trap instead of away from the trap).

Any advice for fixing my mistake? Can I replace this (Home Depot) trap with a shorter trap? (Couldn't find a shorter one at Home Depot.) Thanks!!

-Jesse from Detroit

IMG_8308.jpg

Is installing a double ceiling wall an option for you.measure how much it sticks out.also stick as close to the sanitary tee as posible.maybe cut off some of that two inch pipe as 1 1/2 is easyer to grade

A glue connection trap is a code requirement if you are going to cover it, and will also be somewhat tighter than what you have.

Also, that bushing that is in the bottom of the sanitary tee needs to go. It is a reduction in size in the direction of flow.

Latest posts

Back