Shower cold water turns hot

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeepThrower70

Reaction score
The cold water in both of my showers will not remain cold and turns warm. I have checked all other faucets in my home and this problem does not occur. Both showers are a single faucet. In either shower after running only the cold water it turns warm and remains warm. This is a newly contructed home and I am attempting not to rely on the builder, yet.

Newly contructed meaning you just moved in ? Post a photo of you shower valve. If the home is newly constructed the repair should be under warranty.

Try the laundry, see it the hot gets cold or the cold gets hot. The reason I say this is because the laundry is usually the highest flow fixture, followed by the showers. Sometimes this problem will only show itself with higher rates of flow. Usually with new construction it is a hot and cold looped together somewhere, or a defective check valve.

Maybe the lines were cross connected.do those cold water lines turn very hot ,same as the rest of the hot water lines in the house?

What is a JEEP Thrower. That something like a mud thrower or a really big fella that tosses Jeeps for fun?

This is a newly contructed home and I am attempting not to rely on the builder, yet.

A buildering contractor's Dream come true.
When a customer has a problem and decides to fix it himself.
What happens is, you attempt to correct it yourself and fail.
The contactor comes in and "Sorry, you messed with it! Not my problem anymore."

Like IFIXH2O said picture of the valve and maybe we can give a little insight before you call him in.

Back