designer working on new plumbing tools : whats the best stuff out there?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

designer725

Reaction score
im working on a line of new professional grade plumbing tools and would like to hear some opinons on what some consider to be the higher quality equipment out there. also feel free to share any experiences or problems youve had with any equipment. thanks!

Milwaukee has come out with some trade specific hand and cordless power tools, and I must say that they seem to have really done their home work for the most part. The M12 cordless PVC shear is really nice, but the blade does seem to leave a ridge on the end of the pipe. Maybe a redesign of the cutting edge of the blade. Their 9" plumber's grade level is awesome. Super strong aluminum frame, 45 degree bubble, built in pipe de burr tool, digging point. It is great for doing underground installs.

Pipe wrenches, I haven't found anything that I like near as much as Ridgid.

Yes ridgid, rothernberger, bahco and irwin are all great

Last edited by a moderator:
I just heard about Professional Grade Plumbing Tools but never experienced, How to use it please let me know also it will really helpful to me. Phishfood has given useful information of 9' grade level. Thanks.

i wish someone would make a ladder jig for string. i make my own out of copper
. they are usefull for changing the direction for string to cut a pipe off below the concrete
so it can be cut horizontial. with out breaking a lot of concrete to get to it.

i like boosch

asking which brand is the best is a subjective thing

nothing wrong with a hilti, i prefer boosch

milwaukee is a good tool.

I think bosh is a cheap chinese tool.with an american name

Most of the Bosch tools I have bothered to look at were made in Germany. I don't know that I have ever looked at one of their cordless tools, though.

I think bosh is a cheap chinese tool.it just has an american name

lemmie take a wild guess, you are not fond of Bosch?

Laughing-smiley-face.gif

did one of them bite you?

I just had an expensive lesson with one of them.and i dont like paying twice for my tools.get er done right the first try

I bought a cheapo chicago harbor freight hammer drill
on sale for like 40 bucks. I paid an extra 10 for extended warranty
I have replaced that thing 2 times in 8 years and its still rock'n

as far as drill s go. the black n decker 1/2" timberwolf
its an angle drill with 2 speeds. the gears re metal

dewalt came out with the same thing, but plastic gears..
it is junk, if you get it in a bind with a 3 or 4 inch bit, it will strip out the gear. the timberwolf will throw you off the ladder or knock you out. literally, your fist will punch your self

a tool a house plumber could use
a hacksaw/plumbbob,/ with level/ belt clip
wrap your head around that,
exactly what you need to run vents

a 5/16 torque wrench with a 5/16 nut driver on the opposite end
in a leather pouch that fits my tool belt\]

3 point harness with d ring that doubles as a tool belt..leather

a clamp, that fits a five gallon bucket, to attach to the top of a ladder

heres is a trick of mine, five gallon bucket, with a water heater pan drain fitting on the bottom
with male hose threads. hold it under a leak till it drains, or use it to bleed hydronic fan coils in the air

I don't mean to stop yalls interesting never ending debate over best brand. But I think they asked for things to focus on when creating their brand of tools. I will throw a fact that everyone can agree with. If you sell me something for a "pro" it had better not be made of "pot metal". I am the largest (physical) plumber in my town. While peewee over there can use cheap tools with his weak grip. I seem to break anything and everything made from pot metal. Crescent brand has some 6" channel locks. Love them 1 of my 3 favorite tools. 6" adjustable crescent and electrician multi screw driver. Small tools less leverage. Rather break the tool then parts but that's just a saying. I break the channel locks at least once a year. And there is that glittery metal that makes me mad.

Look at Tajima tools they have done excellent job with quality
I just wished they made more things

Milwaukee has the only one handed sawzall I have ever seen, use the hell out of that thing.

Well, its 2019 and lots of advanced plumbing tools are in the market to make your job easier. Best tools i can suggest here are:

1. Drain Cleaning Machine
  2. The Wrenches
  3. Handheld Inspection Cameras
  4. Sink Auger
  5. Toilet or Closet Auger
  6. Flange Plunger (Toilet Plunger)
  7. Cup Plunger (Sink and Tub Plunger)
  8. Plumber's Tape
  9. Channel-Type Pliers
  10. Adjustable Pipe Wrench
Above are some major plumbing tools you need to be familiar and use them on your job

Kohler offers free repair parts.

What exactly is the problem, “went bad” is pretty vague.

Is the finish coming off?

If that is the case, I will guess that it is some version of antique bronze, which sucked then and mostly still sucks now.

I have had luck with various basin wrenches maybe 2 percent of the time, they are almost always worthless.

Latest posts

Back