Job

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonTheBest

Reaction score
Hi I'm 13 years old and kinda want to come a plumber. It seems really fun controlling where the water heating and gases go around in a house with different types of pipes. I'm not shooting for the stars with a job of my dreams but this is still a wonderful job.I've seen many predictions to and I too have done some studies that plumbing carpentry electricians etc will be very successful in the near future. Mostly because no child even thinks about going to trade school. Therefore the population of these types of workers will rapidly decrease over time. Which means plumbers carpenters etc will be rare and can charge a whole lot of cash. i would like to know if any one could walk me through the steps of becoming a successful plumber. And yes I did look it up on the internet but nothing was really thorough. Thank you!

Step one. Finish high school ;)

Not sure what your high school offers, but most schools here have a career program that allows you work for an employer 1 day a week. That might be something to look into, get your foot in the door.

In the mean time, maybe a plumbing company in your area can offer you a summer job as a labourer.

Thanks. I'm not sure if any one would hire me as a laborer this young though.

Here's a list of classes my highschool gives me. Not the best . Can you tell me which ones I need to takeImageUploadedByPlumbing Forum1409507568.816572.jpg

Math will be a necessity, it would be wise to take a physics course.

There's no course you need to be a plumber, just excelling in certain areas can make you stand out from the herd.

I was thinking of taking technology math and science. I think those are the major. Technology for our school is computers drafting and a little bit of shop. My dad wants me to go to a trade high-school but I really want to be with friends. And yes I know when I work I have to make new 1s. I was wondering if a trade school college would accept me into their school by excelling in those classes.

Each course would have its own set of requirements. Check into what the plumbing course wants before you choose your high school courses.

Thanks phishfood. Most of my classmates still believe they could play their favorite sport for a living. But hey you never know. I do play a sport,hockey and may admit pretty good at it but deffinently not professionally good which most kids think they are. So I figured my dad went to a trade school for carpentry. My dad's brothers went to trade school for electricianing. Probably spelled that incorrectly. On topic my dad's cousin went to trade school for plumbing. They all turned out to be successful and all support a family and live really happily.

I also figured this could be a gateway into the world of plumbing by entering this forum. People will know me when I get old enough and you never know what could happen, maybe someone will hire me for knowing that I started studying plumbing at this young of an age.

? Matt lol I'm deffinently not cocky. All I know right now are the sink and toilet. I learned how to install and take out a new toilet and install a new sink. So I pretty much suck right now. Lol. But thanks to u guys I'm learning a lot .

To be brutally honest with you, no, you don't know how to remove and install a toilet or a sink. It takes a long time and many repetitions to learn how to do that correctly. And after all of that, there are still arguments to be made one way or the other.

Don't worry, though, you can count on us to teach you the right way, subject to interpretation, of course.

I know I kinda will probably loose interest in plumbing in a short time span but I deffinantly know this is the job for me when I grow up

Easiest way I know if to find a small time outfit and become a helper. There's no substitute for on the job training my friend, just make sure to not try and pick up bad work habits.

Latest posts

Back