Spout won't come off

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DIYMike99

Reaction score
I have a spout that sits about 1/4" away from the wall. It's been like that since we moved in. It's cruddy looking too so I want to replace it and make it flush with the tile.

I pull on it and it's pulls the copper with it. If I try to turn it, it just clicks on rotates endlessly.

I'm thinking about breaking out the RotoZip unless anyone has other ideas. I'd like to avoid that if I can. I don't to slip and scar the tile surround.

The thing had so much oxidation, there was nothing I was do to get this thing off gingerly. So I duct taped two floppy disks to the wall and performed surgery with the RotoZip. Good as new.

Not too much oxidation. The set screw created large ridges on the copper pipe when you were spinning it and they are preventing the spout from coming off. If you want to try again; if possible, hold the pipe elbow behind the wall and pull on the spout real hard. I have repaired many similarly stuck spouts, it can be removed.

Latest posts

Back