Help!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cconley

Reaction score
Hello all,

Here's my problem, 2 weeks ago our septic tank was pumped out due to it being full, toilets were bubbling, drains weren't draining,etc. Well since then, one of our toilets and both tubs have backed up several times and we have gone out and opened the tank to find a small clog in the drain to the septic tank, suck it out with a shop vac and carry on this went on about every two days for about a week after the tank was pumped. Friday night the toilet was again not flushing, no tub back up, and this time there was no clog in the drain to the septic tank, snaked the drain from outside which didn't show anything informative about what was going on but the toilet water went down. Yesterday here we are again with the toilet not flushing. What on earth could be the problem? We have a 1050 gallon septic tank if that is useful information. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance!:confused:

sound like you might have a problem inside the house if the toilet and tubs keep backing up. i recommend you get a plumber out to do a camera inspection of your line from house to septic tank.

That's all well and good but I was trying to get advice to see if there was something I could do on my own without calling a plumber.

You have been snaking the drains and getting the drain open, but the clog keeps coming back. It sounds to me like you have done all that you can reasonably do.

Latest posts

Back