Slow Leaky Kitchen Faucet. Will A New Washer Usually Do The Trick?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesAA

Reaction score
An older lady and friend of the family wants me to help her with her slow leaky faucet in kitchen. I haven't seen it yet.

Typically will a washer alone suffice or will I need to get her a new sink? Does the water, with all the small rocks, over the years ruin the faucet, making it not work properly?

Also if it is just a washer replacement, will I still have to go under the cabinet and disconnect the faucet to get to the washer?

Thanks,
James

Please post a couple photos of what you have before starting any repairs.

Reactions: SHR
No worries, you won't have to go for new sink, just replace that faucet. And yes! Small rocks can ruin the faucet. It is advisable to to go under the cabinet and disconnect the faucet to get to the washer.

No worries, you won't have to go for new sink, just replace that faucet. And yes! Small rocks can ruin the faucet. It is advisable to to go under the cabinet and disconnect the faucet to get to the washer.

I have never seen a faucet that you had to replaced the washers from under the sink.

Back