Help.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pipestretcher

Reaction score
I have a customer that has a 1" copper line that provides liquid oxygen to to a machine. He wants me to cut in a ball vale of course I know I'll have to silver solder it. But I am unfamiliar with liquid oxygen other than the fact that it is highly cbustable. There are unions on line so My question is if I bust union apart is it safe to solder after it air out for a few minutes? Thanks for any help

Oxygen itself does not burn, it is not combustible. Burning is the process of something rapidly mixing with oxygen to form new compounds.

Silly semantics aside, you have a potentially very dangerous situation anytime you might have high oxygen concentrations and an ignition source, which your torch will provide. I would want to purge the line with nitrogen or the like, along with ventilating the area with air movers.

Thank you. Someone else told me the same but I wanted second opinion. I appreciate it very much.

Latest posts

Back