Adding sink to Laundry room

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hubs

Reaction score
Can someone give me advice on adding a vanity sink to my laundry room. With my picture here what option do I have to run the drain and tie into the vent. I have seen several different ways online. I also want to tie into the water inlets and was thinking of using a short run of PEX pipe from a T connector in the copper.

LR.jpg

Also forgot to add I live in GA and the Drain pipe is 2" with the vent in the picture at 1.5".

Replace the laundry santee with a 2" wye or Inverted wye. Then stack a 2" x 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" santee for sink above the run of the wye. Bring both vents together above the flood rim of the sink. . Now they are both properly vented. If you just put a Santee on top of the existing Laundry santee that would be wet venting the laundry drain . Not a good idea

add sink.jpg

For space concerns is it good enough to use a flat vent for the stand pipe.

hubs, by "flat vent" do you mean a horizontal vent?

A vent cannot be horizontal until it is at least 6 inches above the flood level of the highest fixture served. When it does go horizontal it must be at a minimum 1/4" per foot incline.

Latest posts

Back