Moen Shower Valve Just Keeps Spinning and No Hot Water...

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fakeplumber

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

This is my first post and I have been reading the forums for the last hour or so, you all know your stuff :)

So here's my problem. My girlfriend has an old Moen shower valve (the kind that looks like a tear drop and you pull it out towards you to turn on the water, turn left and right for hot/cold) in one of her showers and it just keeps turning and there's no hot water.

I took it all apart and the screws aren't stripped so I know the handle is ok. Sorry for my ignorance but I don't know what the inside part is called so I'll post some pictures.

It looks like it's permanently fastened inside the wall... Hot water is fine everywhere else in the house.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Again, sorry if I'm not clear but like my name says, I'm just a fake plumber :)

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

That stem will turn 360 degrees. The stop is built into the inside handle. 1 at 3 o'clock and the other at 9 o'clock. Those stops hit the raised portion of the of the chrome tube. That is a plastic Moen core 1225B. Put the handle on. pull to turn on. Point the handle to the 9 O'clock position let the water run. if it doesn't get hot, turn it 180 Degrees to the 3 O'clock position if it gets hot then just take the handle off rotate the handle only the 9 O'clock position, Not the valve stem and reinstall the handle. There are a lot of videos on Youtube that can show you how to replace the cartridge. Very easy to do.

Back