Basement drain clogged

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nobleartist

Reaction score
I have a drain problem also. I've also done 3 hours research online about clogged drains. I am going a different and better the router snake. A Router or Snake may hurt your pluming system. You need a camera to tell you where the joints are so you don't damage anything! Some say Hydro scrub hydroflush. I'm actually going to do it myself.

I will be using "Zep"! Zep is a drain unplugging chemical that you use once a year to clear out your tree roots from your plugging system. It cost about $50.00. Everyone online is say it works fast. Has anyone used or heard of Zep before?

Sent from my iPad using Plumbing Forum

Last edited:
Trying to figure out how it will kill roots once to put in your toilet then flush. Has the thought come up that it will most likely get washed out of your sewer the zep that is. Anything you do is a band aid. Only true fix is to repair broken line. If you have a root problem then your line is alreadt broke and snaking it is not going to do anymore damage then you already have.

I am using a snake now. Hope this does it.

Sent from my iPad using Plumbing Forum

Snaking it is a potential solution for a clog created by something going down the drain. Given this is a basement drain makes it sound like it is not being caused by something that got put in it (unless you have little kids?). This could be an issue with the side sewer. Are your other drains running slow? You may need to get a professional to look at it. IMO.

Tracy
Aces Four Construction

Back