Plumbing Forum - Professional & DIY Plumbing Forum > General Plumbing Discussion > General Plumbing Help > dont know what else to do HELP please

Old 04-24-2014, 10:39 PM   #1
samtron

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default dont know what else to do HELP please

Hi all I have a kitchen sink problem its stopped up and wont drain not even a drop for almost a month I got buckets in it to wash dishes like the old days hahahah..i have snaked it about 30 feet but cant pour more then 4 coffee cups of water in it without it stopped up again,,,,,i have poured acid but not working either checked the trap its fine... looked under the house its a straight pipe to the sink cept the 90 degree angle going into the wall...I don't know what else to do can anyone help thanks dalton

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2014, 02:40 AM   #2
Zanne

Liked 93 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 1513

Do you have a pictures of the pipes, the trap and how it goes into the wall, and do you know where the vent pipe is?

Sometimes snaking is not enough and you have to get it cleaned out with an auger.

Old 04-25-2014, 11:10 AM   #3
samtron

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

yeah I can take a pic for you..idk where the vent is might have to look for it nothing else is stopped up just that one ..um I have took all the pipe out under the sink and went thru the black pipe ill get a pic later today thanks for the reply

Old 04-25-2014, 12:13 PM   #4
johnjh2o

Liked 456 Times on 358 Posts
Likes Given: 309

Most kitchen stoppages are caused by grease. Unless you use a snake of adequate size all your doing is punching small holes in the stoppage that close up as soon as you pull the snake back.

John

IFIXH20 Likes This 
Old 04-25-2014, 12:40 PM   #5
samtron

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

good point but wouldn't the acid I put in there dissolve it or heat it up enough to move it out the way heheh I can dream lol

Old 04-25-2014, 12:45 PM   #6
johnjh2o

Liked 456 Times on 358 Posts
Likes Given: 309

Simple answerer NO. If you decide to call in a service to snake the drain be sure to tell them you put acid down the drain.

John

phishfood Likes This 
Old 04-25-2014, 03:27 PM   #7
journeyman
the professional

Liked 83 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 77

You might be at the point where the stoppage is so bad you will have to hydro jet the line. A cable might not do it. Especially if it has been clogged that long. Another possibility is the line is broken

Old 04-25-2014, 03:27 PM   #8
journeyman
the professional

Liked 83 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 77

Sorry just saw u have a crawl space

Old 04-25-2014, 04:02 PM   #9
samtron

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

might have to call someone this happened before and he snaked it so I thought I could to but no go

Old 04-27-2014, 10:49 AM   #10
USMC

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

We had a similar problem a little over a year ago. After trying a 30' snake we still couldn't get good use out of our kitchen sink before it would start acting slow again. We ran the snake through two cleanouts. Our drain lines run in a shape of a capital "T". The kitchen at the top left of the "T" and the washer/garage at the top right of the "T". After being quoted $1600 to get it hydro-jeted and video inspection I had thought I'd have to sleep on that amount and rethink the hole mystery of why the snakes didn't work, etc. I decided that I would hook up a new garden hose we'd recently bought for the wife to use (cause the other one we had was one of those hard stiff hose that you have to wrestle with unless the sun has been beaming on it all day). Anyway, hooked up the wifes clean and shiny new hose to the water heaters drain spout and ran the other end down the clean out port on the outside wall from the kitchen sink. This hose was cheap, which made it bend without resistance, compared to the other stiff hose we have. Pushing it in was easy and the usual black nasty water come gushing out at the same rate as the water going in through the hose. I thought to myself, either I'm gonna fix this or I'm written a check for $1600 real soon. So, I said to myself, F it...I'm gonna just let this hose run for half hour if I have to. sliding the hose in and out a few feet at a time as the water coming out became less black, I'd push some more hose into the cleanout. I kept doing this until the water that was coming out was clear...for nearly 25 minutes or so. Then I heard this swoosh sound and the water quit coming out. The drain was flowing like brand new. I'm thinkin to myself, I either opened up a cracked pipe into gopherville, or I'd just saved myself writing a fat check. It's been running great ever since.

I still to this day remember, before the above happen, when I tried caping off the kitchen drain and forcing water through the garage cleanout. We'd capped it off so tight that the water was either gonna pushout through the clog or my vent pipe would look like old faithful. Funny, as hell...it looked like old faithful. That's when I called for quotes. Glad I didn't give up and just kept at it. It makes sense though...keep pushing water in the cleanout until the water comes out clear...then feed in some more. Repeat.

Good luck and let us know what did it for ya.

Last edited by USMC; 04-27-2014 at 10:53 AM.
People Like This 

Quick Reply