Recognize this tap, or know how to replace washer ?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobDS

Reaction score
The previous home owner did the bathroom reno over 20 years ago, and I have no idea who made the taps. More importantly, I have no idea how to access the washer to fix the drip. Thankfully it is on the 'cold' tap, at least for now.

Anyone know how to service this, or recognize it ?

IMG_7530.jpg

The top part of handle either unscrews or pops off exposing the screw that holds the handle on. I have worked on theses but cant remember what valve is. I wanna say it is either moen,kohler,valley. Might even be price phister. Top of handle is probably frozen in place you may need two belt wrenches to remove.

It looks like the Jacuzzi brand faucets I used to put in. I also believe the top is supposed to unscrew off the handle.

Turns out this is a 'Supergrif' tap. The top unscrews, but the whole handle will just pull up and off the spindle that is part of the cartridge (see photo). I.e. it is just friction holding the handle onto the spindle and the plastic collar at the base of the spindle.

I found my replacement cartridge at Hillcrest Plumbing in Vancouver, BC, but they had two sizes and I walked out with the wrong one the first time. Also Barclay's Sales in Port Coquitlam have Supergrif parts, but I didn't need to try them.

Thanks for the help.
Ciao...Rob

IMG_7532.jpg

Latest posts

Back