Pex quick connect leaks.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garvinr

Reaction score
Hi,

I had a new wood boiler installed about a year and a half ago with pex piping. It worked fine for the first year but after startup this fall I noticed a couple of leaks in the quick connects. They seal up when the system is hot but leak when it cools to about 140 degrees or less. My installer isn't being very helpful.

I am wondering what my options are to repair/replace these fittings and why they might be failing in the first place. There are a bunch more quick connects that don't leak but they all have tan fittings where these two are green and blue.... They both say Easygrip on them but I am not sure why the bushings or whatever are different colors.

Thanks in advance.

pexa.jpg

pexb.jpg

Last edited:
I can't tell exactly, but if those fittings thread into the fixture, I would replace them with brass crimp x threaded adaptors, and not have to worry about it again.

Edit to add: I don't have any experience with heating systems, so I don't know how much the increased restriction would affect you.

Thanks, I will look into concerns of restrictions on the heating end of things, I don't imagine it is a huge concern but it might effect my efficiency.

Ditch that foolish set-up and have someone install some brass Q&E (expansion) type fittings. You wont lose anything on your flow rate and no seals to worry about.

I have seen quick connects not work good on high temperature , I suggest you replace it with a copper connection .(job to be done from a plumber)

Geez, what's with those people? (I have been guilty of this too...)

Latest posts

Back