Plumbing Forum - Professional & DIY Plumbing Forum > General Plumbing Discussion > General Plumbing Help > Help identifying a pipe coupling.

Old 02-05-2014, 08:55 PM   #1
rincer

Default Help identifying a pipe coupling.

Hi I am attaching a picture of a fire sprinkler system coupling that is leaking. A plumber came to look at it today and couldnt identify it. He said if he cant find it in their catalog back at the office they will have to cut the actual supply pipe and replace the whole joint. Which I would rather avoid doing.

So if anybody can identify that coupling and tell me where I can get a replacement, I would be very grateful!!

Thanks,
Paul.

Pic_1D11H53M34S.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2014, 08:17 AM   #2
jdc
Plumbing Technologist

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 3

That appears to be a Blazemaster CPVC sprinkler head adapter.

Looks to me like you're going to need to cut out the tee in order to replace the adapter. They do make a sprinkler head tee with metal thread insert. That might be the fitting for your application.

I'm not a sprinkler fitter, but hopefully the following link will steer you in the right direction.

http://www.vikinggroupinc.com/en/products/490/536

Good luck!

Last edited by jdc; 02-10-2014 at 08:24 AM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply