Shower install question

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MULLY911

Reaction score
Hi All
My builder installed the rough in plumbing for a bathroom in my basement.
The shower drain pipe is located 39 inches from the sidewall and 20 inches from the back wall. The walls are still not studded and dry walled. What size bathtub or shower Would line up with this pipe?
Thanks in advance !
Mully

Basement bath.jpg

Last edited:
You can't buy a shower off the shelves at a box store with that drain location. You could one of three things. A. Order a custom shower pan to have that exact drain location B. do a mudset custom tiled job (a little complicated) C. do a standard shower pan and frame a bench seat to fill the void. I would recommend A - by far the easiest ;)

not enough information. need measurments

there are code issues in a bathroom...what is the measurement from the shower wall to the center of the toilet pipe?

after, shower is set, everything trimmed out. from the edge of the shower to the center of the toilet
can not be ANY closer than 15" 18" is the prefered measurement.

same thing on the left side to the sink cabinet ..

from the center of toilet pipe,,measure back towards the proposed wall

set edge of 2x4 at 12 1/2" from center to edge
after sheet rock, your measurement will be 12" finish wall to center line pipe

Last edited:
Why so complicated? Put in any shower stall you want and relocate the drain. It's called rough plumbing for a reason.

Why so complicated? Put in any shower stall you want and relocate the drain. It's called rough plumbing for a reason.

not really complicated, if he does a little layout,
it will save work in the long run.

like putting the wall where you do not have to move the plumbing.

or making sure you have the correct spacing between fixtures.

i call it working smart not hard

thinking.gif

Latest posts

Back