So next time I'll call a plumber

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Masbro

Capo di Tutti Capi
Reaction score
Kitchen sink backed up. I plunged like a madman with no result. I didn't call anyone because I didn't want to be lame. Turns out it was lame for me not to call a pro.

The worst part is I cook a lot of fish and use a lot of garlic in my food so my apartment was rancid. I went out and bought all the DIY tools, went underneath and took everything apart and ran a snake about 20 feet back.

The problem is that I live on the 13th floor of a high rise in downtown San Diego. It didn't occur to me that the people in the five floors above me could have ran their water, which may have wound up on my kitchen floor. According to the building manager, I wrongly assumed that there were safeguards against this from happening.

Also, I guess my snake got kinked in the pipes and didn't really go the full 20 feet back like I thought.

The building plumber had his own industrial strength tools and fixed the whole thing in about 20 minutes. It took me almost 2 days of stink and sweat to get absolutely nowhere - and I could have created a flood in my condo.

Yeah, will just suck it up and call a plumber next time.

Last edited:
Back