Plumbing Forum - Professional & DIY Plumbing Forum > General Plumbing Discussion > General Plumbing Help > Need Advice

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2013, 02:58 PM   #1
Junior Member
StevenW1969's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: North Muskegon, MI
Posts: 6
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Need Advice

I have a renovation project that I have been working on and have to replace the sewer main pipe and all the interior plumbing. I got the main sewer pipe run it has a 1/2" drop per foot to the septic tank and have tried to keep this same drop throughout the rest of the drains. I attached some photo's of what I have so far. I know I will need a vent pipe for each drain since they will be more than 7-8 feet away from each other. I will use the same size vent as what the drain is so I don't get the gurgling sound when using one of them.

The advice I need is the junction where the sewer main comes into the home. I currently have a Ø4" 4 way and it just seems like this is wrong that the fitting I need should direct the flow of the waste towards the main line and not just to the main pipe as shown. I haven't glued anything together yet I wanted to test fit everything before I commit my components.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Plumbing (1) (960x1280).jpg   Plumbing (2) (960x1280).jpg   Plumbing (3) (1280x960).jpg   Plumbing (4) (960x1280).jpg   Plumbing (5) (1280x960).jpg  

StevenW1969 is offline  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2013, 04:20 PM   #2
Senior Member
johnjh2o's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Melbourne, Florida
Posts: 2,598
Liked 436 Times on 344 Posts
Likes Given: 277


I don't have time to look it all over, but your using the wrong pipe under the floor it should all be sch 40 what you have is 3034. I will get back to you on the rest when I have more time.



johnjh2o is online now  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2013, 09:08 PM   #3
Junior Member
Haworthplumbing's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 13

Code in Canada will not let you use 90 bends on drainage unless it is a vent or carries waste from the horizontal to the vertical. 2 45 degree elbows are needed to do a 90. That cross tee is wrong. Do not use that. Use two y fittings with 45 elbows into them to make the turn. Tees are not permitted on their sides like that. Need to use y fittings.

Haworthplumbing is offline  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need Faucet Advice RossA Toilets and Sinks 17 08-27-2013 09:18 AM
Advice joedurky General Plumbing Help 1 04-01-2013 05:17 PM
VFD help/advice chaseme5 Pumps and Wells 5 11-30-2012 01:53 PM
Well advice requested havasu Pumps and Wells 21 05-11-2012 03:56 PM
Noises - looking for advice primer General Plumbing Help 8 03-25-2012 01:02 PM

Newest Threads