Plumbing Forum - Professional & DIY Plumbing Forum > General Plumbing Discussion > General Plumbing Help > Can you identify this kitchen faucet?

Old 08-17-2013, 03:51 PM   #1
Mary

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Can you identify this kitchen faucet?

I'm trying to find a youtube instructional vid but they're all aimed at the kind of faucet that has the hex screw on the bottom. This one has a phillips screw on the top under a cheap plastic cover and there's no name ANYWHERE. Argh.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2013, 04:19 PM   #2
Mary

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

A couple more photos:

Old 08-18-2013, 04:03 PM   #3
Mary

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

No one? Is it because it's a stupid question or because it's an oddball faucet?

Old 08-18-2013, 07:29 PM   #4
Caduceus

Liked 223 Times on 159 Posts
Likes Given: 123

Sorry for the no-reply, Mary. I saw the post before, but I'm at work and need to get home to use my resources. There are literally hundreds of faucet types out there and if it's not familiar it may take some time. I'll try to get back to you tonight unless one of the other members gets to it first.
Sometimes we need to let visitors know that most forum members are simply enthusiasts and professionals that are volunteering their time to help. We do not get paid for our time. We have jobs, families and other personal activities in our lives, but still remain willing to help when time permits.
Just a little patience and we'll see what we can do.
Thanks, C.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:25 PM   #5
Mary

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Thanks, I appreciate your time. I have a facebook friend that suspects it's a Moen but I couldn't find anything similar on their site. I'm going to take it into work tomorrow and pester all my co-workers about it as well.

Old 08-18-2013, 11:09 PM   #6
phishfood
PLF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 547 Times on 440 Posts
Likes Given: 736

If that is a Moen kitchen faucet, I will eat my dirtiest hat. My dirtiest hat must weigh 5 pounds, most of it dirt.

If I really don't have a clue as to the proper answer to the question asked (this thread being a prime example), I try not to post an answer.

Reason being, and I am speaking only for myself here, when I am extremely busy with day job and side business and family concerns, I tend to ignore the questions/threads that already have a member whose abilities I have come to trust participating. So, if time is short, I will bypass threads that Caduceus, JohnJH20, CamaroDerrick, or the like is posting to, and seek out the unanswered questions where I might be able to offer an informed opinion instead of just agreeing with another professional.

It seems that to me that other pro members tend to do the same, so I don't answer questions that I don't have a good answer for to someone else who hopefully does.

Lake County, Florida plumber
Springtime Plumbing Services, LLC
License #11067533
352-433-1912

Old 08-18-2013, 11:51 PM   #7
Caduceus

This is the faucet breakdown and cartridge w/part number (with diverter). Hope this helps you out, Mary. Sorry again for the long wait.

valley kitchen faucet cartridge   Google Search.jpg   valley faucet breakdown.jpg  
Old 08-18-2013, 11:55 PM   #8
johnjh2o

Liked 449 Times on 353 Posts
Likes Given: 294

It looks like a Sterling without a hose spray. Checkout page #16. The part # is STE 7006
http://arpny.com/pdf/SingleLeverCartridgesPtoZ.pdf

John

Mary Likes This 
Old 08-19-2013, 12:49 AM   #9
Caduceus

Looks like you may be right, John. Valley w/spray has a second 0-ring, Mary's faucet doesn't. But the Sterling doesn't have an o-ring on the cartridge face in the diverter port and Mary's faucet does. Hmmm, amazing similarities.
Mary, could you post a clear picture of the bottom face of the cartridge for us and let us know if you have a sprayer attachment for the faucet.
It looks like John is right, but it just kills me that he kicks my butt at these things.
I'm retiring if I'm wrong

Old 08-19-2013, 01:02 AM   #10
Caduceus

BTW, it's good to see you in this thread, John. I was worried that something happened to you!

Quick Reply