Things that are Epic

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Admin

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I was recently criticized, no scratch that, slammed into submission for my use of the word epic.

I would like to use this thread to list things that are epic so that people better understand the use of the word. It's some how worked it's way into our everyday speech and makes us all sound stupid.

ep·ic [ep-ik] Show IPA
adjective Also, ep·i·cal.
noting or pertaining to a long poetic composition, usually centered upon a hero, in which a series of great achievements or events is narrated in elevated style: Homer's Iliad is an epic poem.
resembling or suggesting such poetry: an epic novel on the founding of the country.
heroic; majestic; impressively great: the epic events of the war.
of unusually great size or extent: a crime wave of epic proportions.
Slang. spectacular; very impressive; awesome: Their burgers and fries are epic!

So, what's epic?

I use it often too, Every time I leave a job i consider it "EPIC!!!"

Wrong Havasu! It's not epic yet.

I found Momento to be an under rated and epic move, Pf was good too.

Randy Marsh had an epic bowel movement. First one was 8.6 courics, second was 14 courics and the final epic stool was 100 courics. One couric = 2.5 pounds. Yay, Randy! You go, man! Literally.:D

Randy Marsh had an epic bowel movement. First one was 8.6 courics, second was 14 courics and the final epic stool was 100 courics. One couric = 2.5 pounds. Yay, Randy! You go, man! Literally.:D

South Park is epic! :-D

I figured that would be an epic thread killer or an epic set up for some great comments.

Is that like; as in Katie???

Yes. The standard of measuring was named after her because of the epic on-air t.v. broadcast of her colonoscopy a few years ago. And remember, speedbump, please stay on topic by properly using "epic" somewhere in your replies. We need to keep this thread un-'tainted'. (hee, hee...I said taint):D

I believe Katie's politics are non-epic in my book. Dictionary: ep·ic
/ˈepik/ as in non - epic. Adjective:
Of, relating to, or characteristic of an epic or epics.
Synonyms:
noun. epos - epopee
adjective. heroic - epical with non - in front.

That was a great episode. I saw it not to long ago.

I have a dog in my neighborhood who has some epic stools. About 12 courics when properly stacked.

Do I get a parting gift?

Latest posts

Back