Cant find replacement Kohler part... unsure how to proceed fixing leaky tub

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benhallbenhall

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a question regarding finding spare parts (or a replacement kit) for a Kohler shower handle. I live in a track home in California built in the year 2000. I have 4 different Kohler single handle tub / shower handles and 2 of them are going out. The symptom is just a constant drip from the tub or shower spout about once every 5 seconds. (more right after using the shower - less when someone in another room is using the water?)

At any rate, I took the handle off and pulled out the valve. I see model number 116995-6-AA on the plastic instruction ring attached to the stem that the control handle attaches to. Behind that I see a boxy looking structure with model number 73716-AA imprinted on it.

I tried searching for both of these parts online - (the Kohler website and faucetdirect.com) with no luck. I also went to Home Depot and couldn't find it there.

I am trying to understand what my options are at this point. I was hoping to simply replace a few old rings, or even get a rebuild kit... I am starting to worry that I might need to buy an entirely new faucet kit. I am moderately handy and can replace a few parts - but If I had to completely install a new system I would need a professional out to do it.

Any advice on finding the right parts or what I should do next?

Thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Back