add subfloor in basement bathroom

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diy001

Reaction score
I am thinking about adding insulation and subfloor on the basement bathroom floor like other rooms, which will rise the floor level about 2". Do I have to break concrete floor to redo the riser? Can I use the attached flange to avoid modifying riser?

unnamed.jpg

IMG_4222.jpg

IMG_4226.jpg

IMG_4228.jpg

IMG_4230.jpg

Last edited:
It's hard to tell from the picture, but it looks like you have a 4" cast iron hub in the floor. If it is a hub that flange will not fit. It's made to go into 4" pipe it will be to small to fit into a 4" hub.

John

you are right, it is a 4" CI but it is not a hub end. if it is not a hub, i can plugin that flange and make sure it is sealed properly there and it will be fine, am i right?

I'm assuming that you got 4" cast iron stub-out currently flush with concrete slab. Measure distance of top of the rubber gasket to bottom of your toilet flange. if you have 2" there you will be fine. After you finish your new floor, bolt your flange TIGHT to finished subfloor then tighten small allen screws on the inside of toilet flange to expand rubber gasket and seal connection.

Good luck

Latest posts

Back