Main difference between prices of cubicles?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christian1985

Reaction score
hey guys i've been looking at these quadrant shower cubicles and i just want to know what all you guys think? i'm after a 800mm quadrant shower cubicle but prices range drastically from store to store. is there really that much difference? or should i get the cheaper option?

cheers guys

There can be huge differences from product to product.

What is the base made of? It can be anything from really flimsy acrylic to solid cement with an overlay or anything in between.

Does the base go right to the floor? Does it have adjustable legs? Is it just sitting on a piece of foam?

What thickness is the glass (is it even glass)?

How good is the track system? Does everything roll smoothly on a nice ball bearing system, or is it just some crappy plastic wheels that will bind up all the time?

How is the water seal? Are the doors engineered well so that they have little gap, or is the a huge hole that will make your bathroom a swimming pool if you aren't careful?

Generally speaking, you get what you pay for but not always. Look up the brands and models online, get some user feedback (keep in mind that most online feedback is negative no matter how good a product is, use your judgement in this)

Thanks slowdrip, bearing all that in mind i purchased the classic 800mm it had 6mm toughend glass got a tray to go with it too which is stone resin with an acrylic cap. just got to sort the shower out now but going to get a mixer so going to have a look at some an see what i like the look off. thanks for your help :)

Back