Plumbing Forum - Professional & DIY Plumbing Forum > General Plumbing Discussion > Toilets and Sinks > Kitchen sink sprayer leaks (or: what is this part?)

Help Support Plumbing Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2012, 10:57 PM   #1
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1
Default Kitchen sink sprayer leaks (or: what is this part?)

Hey all! First post here, have a problem.

Last night all of a sudden the hose leading to the sprayer would shoot water all over the place under the sink when it turned the faucet on.

I'm not even sure what this piece is called.... but the leak is coming from where the black hose on the left connects to the plastic manifold, almost as though the hose just separated from it.

I'd just like to know what the plastic piece is called and if fixing that hose is as simple as just reconnecting it.

Thank you very much in advance!

Last edited by matbluvenger; 03-26-2012 at 11:01 PM.
matbluvenger is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:00 PM   #2
havasu's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 8,760
Liked 1130 Times on 922 Posts
Likes Given: 350


Those connections are usually made at the factory and I don't know if it is serviceable.

havasu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:15 AM   #3
jmulla's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 36
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 9


Some of those connectors are simply push fit. See if there is a collar that you can push down and then pull on the pipes. Then you can cut off the end of the leaking pipe and re-push it into the connector.
jmulla is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:33 AM   #4
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: , Alberta
Posts: 868
Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 20


a picture of the faucet would help TONS!!!

likely this in not a serviceablle part, but it could be.. without knowing the make it is impossiblle to properly determine.
LiQuId is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 02:24 PM   #5
Plumbing Sales
SlowDrip's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Oshawa, Ontario
Posts: 395
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


Gonna back up what others have said here. In 95% of cases that part is non serviceable, it uses a special factory-installed fitting that locks into the push fitting (I am assuming that is a white push fitting with a blue plastic "clamp" that locks over the end of the hose.)

If it is a good faucet manufacturer they will be able to get you a replacement part. If it is a cheapy....toss and replace.

SlowDrip is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bathroom Sink Base Constantly Leaks mrcannon Toilets and Sinks 9 08-19-2012 02:02 AM
Low water pressure from kitchen faucet until i turn on hose sprayer flygirl Toilets and Sinks 3 02-10-2012 12:51 PM
Kitchen faucet leaks dipam General Plumbing Help 6 08-11-2011 12:08 PM
Pulsating or jumping kitchen sprayer advizo Toilets and Sinks 1 07-14-2011 12:29 AM
Sink sprayer has a very weak stream bgrubba Toilets and Sinks 3 01-15-2011 02:37 PM

Newest Threads