A couple pics of my work.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Reaction score
These are from the job I am currently doing. I will try and take a couple a day and you guys can see my headaches.

DC.jpg

DC1.jpg

Thats called a double detector check. One valve is the cities and the other is private (Owners) and the silver bullet in the middle is a check valve so that there is no way contaminated water could make it back to the city supply. That is an eight inch set up. Imagine the water volume coming out of that.

Here are todays pics. The cop was only able to be there for an hour or so but gave out 24 tickets all around 45 MPH in a 15.

MoVal 1.5.jpg

MoVal 1.jpg

MoVal 3.jpg

MoVal 5.jpg

Yes it is Transite or AC or asbestos or whatever you want to call it. That one is a 16 inch main and I did two taps on it, both are 8".

Nice pictures. I hung two ceiling fans today and took a two hour nap, but not worthy of posting like this work! :)

Here are todays pics. The cop was only able to be there for an hour or so but gave out 24 tickets all around 45 MPH in a 15.

Wow, that's nuts. I can honestly say you rarely see people speeding through work zones in Texas.

When I worked traffic, I loved to head over to the street construction sites and work speed enforcement. The workers always seem to appreciate it as well.

We love it because it slows people down since people can't read or even drive between the cones. Today he had court so he was only here for about a half hour and only got about 6 tickets.

Here are a couple from today. It is very slow progress out there. This is one of those jobs that everything that can go wrong has.

MoVal6.jpg

MoVal 7.jpg

MoVal 8.jpg

We love it because it slows people down since people can't read or even drive between the cones. Today he had court so he was only here for about a half hour and only got about 6 tickets.

I never understood that, it's someone life in question, the signs aren't in place to annoy drivers.

We were always accused of setting up the construction for the purposes of making a speed trap to collect more money. I never cared about revenue myself and was only concerned for the safety of the workers. One car hits a worker and I will be busy for a month doing calculations/measurements/reviewing coroner reports, etc. I'm inherently lazy!

Chris, how much money does that chunk of metal cost? Is it brass? Do you have someone watching it all day and night until it is installed to prevent theft by tweekers?

We were always accused of setting up the construction for the purposes of making a speed trap to collect more money. I never cared about revenue myself and was only concerned for the safety of the workers. One car hits a worker and I will be busy for a month doing calculations/measurements/reviewing coroner reports, etc. I'm inherently lazy!

Chris, how much money does that chunk of metal cost? Is it brass? Do you have someone watching it all day and night until it is installed to prevent theft by tweekers?

People, thinking it's all about them, pffft.

People get mad at us all the time for that extra 32 seconds it taked to cross our traffic control. They even get so mad they floor it and run over our cones like we care. Besides that, that chunk is not brass but it still cost about five grand for that set up. Total materials for two hot taps and two 40 foot runs of pipe and that meter manifold is almost 30 grand in materials.

People, thinking it's all about them, pffft.

You wouldn't believe how many fingers we get in a day for reducing the speed limit. It's even worse when we are on lunch and "have the road shut down for no reason"

People get mad at us all the time for that extra 32 seconds it taked to cross our traffic control. They even get so mad they floor it and run over our cones like we care. Besides that, that chunk is not brass but it still cost about five grand for that set up. Total materials for two hot taps and two 40 foot runs of pipe and that meter manifold is almost 30 grand in materials.

You wouldn't believe how many fingers we get in a day for reducing the speed limit. It's even worse when we are on lunch and "have the road shut down for no reason"

Another reason to not go outdoors.

Nice job.

Wish I was working today.

Wait! I take that back. I hate working but I like to get paid.

Wish I could get paid not to work today!:D

Latest posts

Back