For those who want to rent a machine and clean their own drain

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Hello All",

When I tried to Read the Post that I think You were referring to [Phishfood] - By clicking onto a Link on the website / Forum that Your `Link` directed Me to - I was `Denied Access` because I am not a Member of that Forum - This makes perfect sense to Me - BUT - Are You `Senior Members` on here Also Members of the Other Forum ?? - So that You can View the Suggested Post ?? - Because otherwise I am a bit Confused about the `Link` to the Post about `Hiring a Drain Cleaning Machine` - I can see that the essence is that of a `Cautionary Nature` - But unless I `Join` the other Forum I will never know HOW exactly the `Operator` badly Injured His Finger ??

Regards,

Chris

ChrisM, while I was a registered member of that forum when I found that thread, I was able to read everything on that forum before I became a member. I don't know why you would be having troubles viewing it.

Basically, the post was by someone who has been cleaning drains for a long, long time. His hand got caught in the cable of his drain cleaning machine, ending up with the cable cutting off the end of one of his fingers.

While I am all for people doing as much of their own home maintanence and repairs as they wish to do, I think that they should do so with as much information and understanding of the potential dangers as possible.

"Hello Phishfood",

Sorry for the Long Delay for My Answer - I have been Either `Ultra Busy` at Work - ILL for 2 Weeks - Or on Holiday [Vacation] in the period from your Answer to Now !

Although I know that this is NOT Important - I was able to `View` the Post `Box` relating to the Accident - But when I clicked onto the Link to the Picture [Of the Result of the Accident ?] - I received the Message that I had to be a Member to Access the Picture / Page.

Regards,

Chris

"Hello Phishfood",

Here is the Message that I received - I wrote My previous Reply to You on the Quick Reply format - So I could Not Attach this to the Post:

Chris

DRAIN CLEARING FORUM - I WAS UNABLE TO ACCESS A PICTURE ON THERE - RE PLUMBING FORUM POST.jpg

I just looked at that link also and when I couldn't view the pictures because I wasn't logged in, I just moved on.

If you really want to see cut up fingers and blood you can find it here. No need for to stray off to another forum:D

Ajay wanted to see how sharp the table saw was.

I cut my finger a couple weeks ago. Not really as bad as it looks. and if you look for it I have a thread with some skin sliced off my head.:D

Hey CHRISM. Just funnin with you. Haven't seen you around for awhile.

P6200276.jpg

041 (800x600).jpg

"Hello Mr_David",

I know that You were just Joking - I did want to `See the Blood` - Buit I was just mentioning to Phishfood why I could NOT `View the Pictures` - because He stated that there should be No Reason why I could not `Read the Posts` - which was correct - But I could NOT go to any `Links` on that Website.

The Picture that you Posted definitely shows a `Sore Finger` ! - I hope that it Heals Well.

I have not been inclined to Visit the Forum for a While as I have been VERY Busy during the Day and into the Night - My Company has People Working during the Day and at Night at present - I have a LOT of `Managing` to do !

Regards,

Chris

Yesterday I went out on a kitchen sink drain call.

Someone had been there before me, with some drain cleaning chemical and a plunger.

The finish had been eaten off of both of the drain baskets, there were a couple of leaks in the piping under the sink, which had dripped the acid onto the floor of the cabinet, causing damage, and the chemical had softened the grease to the point that it sealed itself around my sewer cable. I managed to open and clean the pipe, but between that and replacing the sink strainers and redoing the drains, I was there for over 3 hours. Normal time for a grease stoppage on a kitchen line for me is an hour or slightly less.

wow this thread brings back some memories. I was reading it and before I got to my 1st post here, I was thinking of replying with pictures of blood and carnage. Then I realized it was a 3yr old thread.

Happy Halloween......Blood ..... Need more Blood

Back