non-standard bends

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spaktor

Reaction score
Howdy all,

I need to make about a 26 degree turn, and all I can see on the shelf at the local Home Depot are 45s and 90s. This is a 3/4 galvanized line. Are there any flexible couplings or custom elbows that could work? Thanks!

(I searched the forum for "non-standard" fittings, and didn't find anything, sorry if this topic has already been addressed. Thanks!)

They do not make flexible bends but you can put two 45's or 90's together to make a swing joint and probably get the bend you want out of them.

Last edited:
So multiple fittings will give the line some flexibility? What should I use between the fittings? Close nipples?

Get one street bend (Male x Female) and one regular bend (Female x female) and screw them together. Yes with the two together you should be able to get just about any angle you need. It is called a swing joint. When you go to the store you can play with the fittings to make sure you get your angle. I use 90's for most of my stuff but 45's may work for you.

No problem any time. I deleted your picture because it wasn't working properly. You can upload it directly from your computer to here or use photobucket or another photo hosting site that doesn't require login to see.

Back