Bradford White 55 Gallon Gas WH seems to not hot sufficient hot water

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nutshellml

Reaction score
So I recently installed a new Bradford White 55 Gallon 80k BTU Water Heater RG155H6N. When not using the water for a while (hour or more), then running a very small bath for the kids, the hot water seems to run out extremely quick, definitely way before the limitations of the 55 gallon BW WH. I'm not sure what it could be, my old 50 gallon handled this task no problem. The thermostat is set to "B" which seems to be about 130* give or take (I checked with a thermapen at closest location).

I'm not sure what else I can check. It almost seems like the initial few gallons (guessing on how many) come out hot (at the desired temp), but then the water turns to warm very quickly, not cold, but definitely not hot.

I have no idea what I can troubleshoot.

Do what havasu said (increase temp. Bit)Does the hot water also run out in the bathroom lavi? If not it might be a bad cartridge.you didn’t cross connect the hot and cold when installing the new heater right? You might have a defective water heater(rare for Bradford white) but it happens.pay attention the the burner when it kicks on and shuts off . Btw that’s a badass rifle havasu, what size?.38 bullet

Latest posts

Back