New Vanityy & P-Trap question

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bucfanjeff

Reaction score
I have a 30" vanity that is being replaced with a 48" vanity.
My question is, can the "out" of the p-trap be at a slight angle, left or right, going into the drain in the wall?
The pic attached is the current sink.
The new sink drain will come down vertically about 9" +/- to the left of the current sink shown here. As such, the p-trap-to-walldrain part will not be straight into the wall - or completely straight. So I'll have to come straight out of the wall drain, then a 45 degree elbow to go to the p-trap. In other words, using the pic as the example, instead of straight out of the wall drain to the p-trap, it would be straight out a little - then 45 degree a little - then straight into the p-trap.

Is this ok and per code? I'm in SC.

Thanks

20180227_175331.jpg

Looking at the picture, it appears your p trap is not sitting exactly parallel with the chrome downspout. You may develop a slight leak unless you do a slight adjustment.

Could you cut the extension tube down a little and then turn the ptrap for a straighter fit? like a previous person said you have potential for leaks. Should be able to shorten the extension tube some to make everything fit better.

I do have another option to make this straight if the first option doesn't work.

Last edited:
Back