Plumbing Forum - Professional & DIY Plumbing Forum > General Plumbing Discussion > Showers and Tubs > Bathtub on Concrete Slab

Old 02-27-2011, 11:21 PM   #1
supert160

Default Bathtub on Concrete Slab

I am installing a tub and shower in a bathroom reno on a concrete slab. The floor has been jackhammered, the existing 2" vented drain located and exposed. The tub is being dropped into a supporting wood frame that will ultimately be tiled. I intend on placing a concrete "second floor" to support the tub. I will install p-trap and stub out such that the tub can be connected to the drain. After the tub is dropped in place do you concrete over the hole that is exposed where the stub out exists, or can I stub out and repair slab before the tub is connected. Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2011, 07:09 PM   #2
PrecisionPlumbing
Master Plumber

where the drain and water stub thru. place a card board box around it and concrete around the box. when it dries remove extra cardboard and fill inside with sand

‎(469)-248-2136 Precision Plumbing providing Service Repair Remodels Installing Quality Products With a Best Rate, Best Warranty Guarantee! Serving the Dallas,Texas DFW MetroPlex for Over 10 Years! Clean job sites, Quality work. Service You Can Trust! M-39887

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply