Recommended faucet for portable dishwasher

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madman

Reaction score
I live in a home built in the early 70's that had the classic single handle Delta faucet. Even with a portable dishwasher connected to the spout, it lasted until two years ago.

I replaced the faucet with a reputable brand and what was supposed to be a good grade product. However, even though the faucet neck was made out of metal it started to split because of the water pressure caused by the portable dishwasher.... They don't make them like they did in the past.

Anyways the kitchen is outdated 70's. I just want a cheap reliable faucet to hold me over for a year or two. (that does not look ugly) I don't want to be paranoid with a product that may break when I am out of the room though causing water damage. I was thinking about this faucet. Despite the good reviews, some say the neck is plastic others say it is metal? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0054Y3X10/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Anybody have experience with this faucet or does anybody have a suggestion of a faucet that won't break the bank? I noticed even the commercial series of the Delta facet that looks like the one from the 70's has bad reviews for leakage with usage on portable dishwashers. Thanks for your time.

Last edited by a moderator:
we had one years ago we bought a CHICAGO faucet
it's a commercial grade 2 handle that will last for a long time
you would need to also order a faucet by quick connect
fromCHICAGO

Thanks Geofd for the suggestion, It looks like faucets from Chicago are close to the old school faucet that was original with the home. They just have an odd aerator size though lol. It's a shame my last Delta faucet only lasted 2 years. The newer Deltas mount differently too and are wobbly. The mounting system on the Chicago is the same as the original Delta that lasted for many decades. Even the side sprayers are threaded on instead proprietary hard to find snap on sprayers that almost every manufacturer is going to. Looks like they are made to be serviceable.

The Peerless that you are looking at is also made by Delta. The grabbing onto the spout to hook up the dishwasher line is usually what tears them up.

Latest posts

Back