Through the floor with no fall, or through the wall with fall-A septic question

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjt123

Reaction score
Good evening all,
I'm wrapping up putting in my own septic. I've run into an error in measurements & would like advice on how best to proceed.

The fall between the home & the septic is the issue. The current pipe comes down off the main line, then drops through 3in ABS about 3ft (the crawl space below) into a 90. The distance is 33 ft. The fall averages to be at a 1.5 grade through the first 10 ft, .7 through the next 10 ft, and .3 through the last 10 ft. Water flows from point A to point be. "Solids" have not been tested yet.

The only option I'm aware of give a greater fall involves moving the 90 to above the slab & through the side of the home. It's a manufactured home, and the skirting can be punched through. Doing this would gain anywhere from 1ft to 4ft (and thereby the necessary 2% grade). HOWEVER...the pipe would be exposed to the elements. My thought would be to put a cinder block wall around the exposed area & fill in dirt around the pipe vertically and horizontally. Or, would insulation be enough?

I suppose a 3rd option is to have the septic company come & pull it up while I excavate below. That's likely the most expensive choice.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
JT

my code says 1/4" per foot if you pitch it too much
you will leave the solids behind

I think the weather would still affect it check and see if you can
heat trace abs/ PVC I piped a shower valve in a garage we all
the garage had no heat but It was in an insulated wall
It's still there and working fine

Last edited:
Back