Plumbing diagram, please help!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brettbrettbrett

Reaction score
Hello,

I'd love to get some feedback on this diagram.

I'm building a half bath in an enclosed porch. The main soil stack is about 15 feet away in the basement so I figured I had to add a new vent.

1)Does the diagram look right?
2) The room is on the first story and extends away from the house. Does the vent line have to extend all the way to the 2nd story roof or can it just terminate above the 1st story?

Thanks for your help!

DWV schematic.jpg

That was the hope. No good? I'd love some insight on how to make it work.

Thanks,
Brett

You need to know the code in your area. I am in Michigan and the washer box cannot be run like that.

Hi guys,

Thanks for your interest. The notes I got back are...

The lav can only have 135 degree of change on the trap arm. The vent needs to be closer.
The washer and lav need to come in downstream of the toilet and the toilet needs a vent. Normally a lav would wet vent a toilet, but a washer can't be included in any wet venting.

So here is my attempt at addressing those notes. Im not sure if this creates more problems than it alleviates but at least Im learning something. My goal was to avoid ripping up too much of the floor and keep everything but the toilet connection in the walls. Don't see how I can do that if the washer and sink need to join in downstream of the toilet.

DWV schematic_V2.jpg

Back