Kitchen Drain Clogs Every 6 Months

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilb3

Reaction score
Happy New Year everybody! I am seeking advice. My kitchen drain has been clogging regularly approximately every 6 months on my 14 yo home with pvc pipes. I had a local plumber come out mid summer and he seemed to resolve my last clog with his power snake. Well we’re clogged again after regularly using Bio Clean based on the last plumbers suggestion. I will post a picture of the current set up for possible suggestions. I used the products in the pic according to manufacturers instructions to no avail. I also snaked the drain pipe this morning with my older 25’ snake. There was standing water at the base of the horizontal Tconnector which did recede once I snaked it. Temporary success only. I think I just pushed the clog as both sinks are still backed up. I am open to any tips, recommendations or suggestions.😀

33CAE969-A8BC-4ADC-BF16-6BCA9C1B6E68.jpg

14E30CD7-E648-44DC-AD6E-9DD1D9C1EF0A.jpg

Lower that tee down. The garbage disposal drain looks higher than where the trap goes in. I wonder why the plumber didn't say anything about that.

That line is probably clogged with grease running a snake through is only going to open up a tiny portion of the pipe and besides like someone else said fix that trap. It is too low

Lower that tee down. The garbage disposal drain looks higher than where the trap goes in. I wonder why the plumber didn't say anything about that.

Yeah, this occurred after the wife and I had a new deep well double sink installed with our granite counters a few years back. Everything got lowered except the Tconnector on the drain. The installer obviously was not a licensed plumber.

That line is probably clogged with grease running a snake through is only going to open up a tiny portion of the pipe and besides like someone else said fix that trap. It is too low

Can you post a pic or diagram of how a good double sink/disposal application should look for proper draining? Now that I have at least cleared the kitchen back up- I think I have additional issues with our plumbing pipes since outside temps have been sub zero the past week or so (we're in Nebraska).

Well I got the Tconnector moved down approximately 4.5 inches. Hopefully aids the gravitational forces. Im still working with some sort of clog. Plan to go in with a motorized snake.

218BFFAE-DF15-4597-AF26-941CF18DFC86.jpg

Is there a basement under that sink.

Yes I do have a basement (under the sink). Why do you ask?

He will probably have you go into the basement and go into the cleanout from that point outward.

I was wondering what that other pipe was, the vent?

I have not had any issues since renting a power snake and lowering the Tconnector. Knock on wood!

ct 18 has the right awnser move the tee so the 90 leavi g the trap
is connected to the"u" section if the trap you have what's call a deep
seal trap water wil flow slowly thru it good luck

...looks like you spliced in the new sanitary T with pvc couplings and what looks like pvc glue?

Back