Antique

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mirilla

Reaction score
I am 70 years old (when did THAT happen?!) and downsizing. Am I correct in imagining there's no real value to this unit? It was given to me by a late cousin who was a costume designer in Hollywood and who in that capacity regularly came upon interesting vintage items out of Twenties-era Hollywood mansions. I suspect that's where this came from but have no proof, not that it matters really. It needs a good scrubbing but otherwise is in good shape.

- Floor to rim: 15.5”
- Floor to top of tank: 28”
- Front of bowl to back of tank: 26”
- Bowl inside rim: 11” x 13”
- Holes are 6” on center

Imprint on the back reads 'Porcelain Paris France.'

fullsizeoutput_791.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_794.jpeg

DSCF0961.jpg

DSCF0960.jpg

IMG_5989.jpg

That is a very cool piece! Although, most toilets I have saw from the 20s (keeping in mind, I wasn't alive back then) have the toilet tank mounted on the wall, rather than mounted on the back of the toilet. Perhaps it was updated at some point. Maybe some of our old farts, I mean, more experienced members could tell us more about it :)

Well Matt, as you're the first to have responded in any way, I suspect my piece, much less my quandary, is of little interest. I have come upon an interesting shop here in the Seattle area -- Old and Elegant -- that will take the toilet on consignment with a price of $2K. Which is amazing given that I was about to post it on Craig's List for $200!

Take care -

I could not take a crap in something i paid $2K for wheather it was designed for that purpose or not. :D

Yeah, it is kind of cool, with a tint of gaudiness. Sort of reminds me of what I would see while touring Hearst's Castle. I'm curious to find out what you will finally walk away with once it's sold and the consignment business takes their cut.

I know little about plumbing but had surmised that the toilet would probably best be installed in a new build as surely the innards would not be standard. Yet it would seem there is even more to it than that. The consignment people informed me of requisite "1.6 flush" and intimated that it would take a knowledgeable homeowner, as opposed to a pro not interested in risking his license, to install.

Consignment shop will take 40%.

Now to get it over there. Between ferries and freeways, bit of a pother.

Back