Moving laundry drain pipe

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mashman

Reaction score
I live in a slab ranch and the washing machine is in the kitchen. Previously there was no dishwasher and the washing machine was right up next to the kitchen counter and sink (and in front of the washer drain pipe). When I moved in I moved the washing machine further away from the counter/sink and in its place i installed a dishwasher.
So as you can see in the attached pics the washing machine drain pipe sticks up from behind the dishwasher. This prevents me from pushing the dishwasher further back up to the rear wall so the dishwasher sticks out a bit further than the adjacent cabinet.
I'm going to have some counter tops installed, there is currently no counter top on the dishwasher. I want to move the washing machine drain pipe so it's no longer in back of the dishwasher.
The rear kitchen wall is an exterior wall, does that mean that I can't run the washing machine drain hose/pipe in that wall? I live in Massachusetts.
Moving the washer out of the kitchen is not an option right now.
My other option is to just move the drain pipe to the left, closer to the kitchen sink, although I will have to have a hole cut in my soon to be installed counter tops for the washer drain hose, though I can't see a way around this unless I can run through that rear exterior wall.
Has anyone had to do this before? How are washers in the kitchen generally drained?
Thanks

DishwasherAndWasher.jpg

WasherDrainPipe.jpg

WasherDrainPipeBehindDishwasher.jpg

DrainPipeUnderCounter.jpg

Back