Installing 3 water heaters

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siklife

Reaction score
Hi guys, how would you go about installing 3 75 gallon power vent water heaters (big house). The heaters will have a circulator pump and an expansion tank. Also, what kind of circulator pump would you recommend for this setup and expansion tank? Thanks for any help ahead of time!

The rough was done by another plumber. I’m guessing zones you mean each water heater for a different part of the house? If so that’s not the case.

the house is almost completely finished. One of the last steps is the water heaters. Im guessing the original plumber was going to do them tandem. 3 water heaters seems excessive but thats what the original plan was. The house has 3 kitchens, 6 or so bathrooms, 2 laundry's. Ive never installed 3 water heaters like this in a house so wanted some advice.

There is one pipe for inlet and one for outlet left by original plumber. These 3 will have to be installed parallel or in sequence. Im trying to figure out the best way to do it.

I’m not too familiar with the house and I can’t get into it to try and draw out a floor plan. Would it matter at this point since all that the plumber left was the inlet and return. Everything is looped above.

Last edited:
Back