Adapter 2.5" faucet to garden hose

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Halv

Reaction score
I have a 2.5" diameter kitchen faucet that I need to connect to a garden hose. I need to adjust the water temp, so I can't just hook the hose up underneath the sink. The faucet does not have any threaded insert, so I am thinking I probably need some sort of elastic rubber hood that will stretch over the faucet, but not sure exactly what and where I could find it. Thanks in advance

you ready for this?

http://www.homedepot.com/p/InSinkErator-Dishwasher-Connector-Kit-for-InSinkErator-Garbage-Disposals-DWC-00/100162549?&cm_mmc=Shopping|THD|B|0|B-BASE-D29A+Appliances|&mid=MqVvQIlX|dc_mtid_8903vry57826_pcrid_74079599164296_pkw__pmt__

couple extra of the gear clamps
1 short piece of 1/2'' copper pipe 4'' long

cut the end off your hose, insert the copper pipe, half way and tighten clamp
then insert the other end of copper pipe into the dishwasher connector, clamp it

shove the connector onto the faucet
you might have to trim the boot, if it is to large

Thanks for this, although I think I still have the same problem which is that the connector won't fit on the faucet. It is an unusual faucet that is 2.5" in diameter, and this connector does not look anywhere near that large.

I was finally able to unscrew the inside piece which was stuck with deposits. Now I could thread something onto the faucet, which is 1.5" diameter. Photo here

IMG_6173.jpg

Can't find the brand, but I'll take the head to the hardware store to find the right adapter. This should definitely work - thanks very much

I am stumped again. No one seems to carry a 5/8" to 3/4" NPT fitting. Only hose barb end

That's based on a measurement rather than a test with a 1/2" fitting

It is definitely 5/8 to 3/4" and I can't find the part anywhere, online or in stores. Any ideas of where to look?

Latest posts

Back