I hear dripping and flow in my main outlet in the basement

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbman1953

Reaction score
HI

I have a home office next to my main drain outlet and recently I've been hearing slight water flow. When you put your ear on it it seems more than dripping.

I've gone to each faucet/ sink and toilet and I can't hear any dripping. Sinks and shower and tubs are all dry.

I shut the water off, flushed the the toilets and opened all the faucets. I held the toilets to completely drain the tank and bowl. When I went back, after 15-20 minutes, I could still hear dripping but not as powerful a stream.

I put the water back on and I waited until all the toilets filled and then you could hear the water with its flow in the drain.

There are no leaks onto any floor or stains anywhere.

Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks
Rich

There's gunk in your pipes... just like everyone's elses. Sometimes the gunk holds water that slowly trickels down the pipes. Wouldn't worry about it

Thanks, should I ever think of flushing out the system and if so what's the best way?

Thanks

do you have an ac unit somewhere in the house?
the condensate from it might be what you hear
or a dehumidifier?
or you may have a trap primer for a floor drain.
my ac drips into my bathroom vent stack, the drip drives my cat crazy
h thinks something is in the wall, spends hours just looking at the wall
i think he is crazy

The AC has not been used for a while . The drain for that and the dehumid are tied together and don't come in contact with the main drain.

Latest posts

Back