Rough Inspection with slab

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kid

Reaction score
My house is built on a slab, and I am doing a complete renovation. I am going to build up the floors on a 2x4 deck to add some insulation, and run pex home runs.
My issue is going to be with my waste and vent pipes. My inspector wants to see all waste and vent lines before they are closed up (normal).
However, how do I put up the walls containing vent stacks and branches, when I can't complete the floor the wall goes on? It will be only one wall, and it is not structural. Can I "float" the wall on strips of plywood, then secure full decking after inspection?

You do it like we do underground piping. You just stub it up a foot or so, then continue after inspection with the walls.

You do it like we do underground piping. You just stub it up a foot or so, then continue after inspection with the walls.

Okay, I was under the impression they would want to see all of the branch joints in the wall, while checking the waste pipes.

3 separate plumbing inspections

underground
above ground
trim

I am wondering how you think a 2x4 joist will give you enough room to install the pipes with a 1/4'' per foot slope for drainage

My main is in the slab. I will be digging that out and replacing it. My slab has a drop off in it, so the 3 inch line that I will run to my main will be 5' long. This will be between 2x6 joists. I only need 1 1/4" to reach the main. Everything with waste runs on the wall, so I only need stubs, then straight down to main. Hope that makes sense.

Back