Delta faucet frustration

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

havasu

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
In May, 2015, when we purchased our new home, I replaced all bathroom cabinets and installed new oil rubbed bronze faucets. For my G/F's bathroom, she picked out a Delta Windemere 3 hole, 8" spread, and for my bathroom, I picked out a two hole Moen type of faucet.

Last night, she was brushing her teeth, and water started flooding out from the lower cabinet. I saw water was pouring from the base of the spout. Trying to determine what failed, I pulled the spout but had to remove those stupid one way plastic clips. I got it off and looking into the bottom side, I saw the brass threaded rod which supplies water up the spout immediately transfers to plastic tubing once it enters a spot welded area.

With a soggy sink, my back sore from crawling around inside, I made a call to Delta, since I assumed was a lifetime warranty as Moen does currently, but now Delta only carries a 5 year warranty.

I spoke to customer service with the faucet in my hand, expecting Delta to immediately ship out a new spout and a 3 way plastic connection tubing, since the clips were now broken. Much to my disbelief, this little snot nose customer service gal said in order to send a replacement spout, I needed to completely reinstall the faucet, then turn it on, causing more flooding to my bathroom cabinet, then get my $700 smart phone and take a picture of the occurring flooding.

Well, I believe this was bullcrap. I shouted to the snot nose gal to let me speak to a supervisor immediately. With a real bad tone, she says I have to wait a few minutes on hold until she could find a supervisor.

5 minutes later a really nice guy identified himself as a supervisor and I explained how dumb I thought it was to reinstall a busted faucet just so they could take a picture. I told him that I am already dealing with a damaged $800 cabinet, and this was adding insult to injury.

Well, the supervisor apologized and said he was immediately shipping out an entire new faucet set, and would rush it to my house in 2-3 days.

For those plumbers and viewers who are still on the fence as to who has the best faucet and best warranty, please keep the above writing in mind. Avoid future headaches and just install Moen from the get go!

Moen has become at least that bad. Many times my customer's are NOT able to get Moen parts free from Moen.

Back