Help ID Cartridge & Matching Faucet / Trim

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bacon82

Reaction score
I recently bought a house and need to match a new trim to the pictured cartridge. Whoever did this bathroom tried to match a Delta 14 Multichoice eschucheon and faceplate with an unidentified faucet handle that fits the square cartridge stem. Because it's not a natural fit for the valve, it sits crooked and there is a gap between the handle and plate. The handle also telescopes and grinds against the cartridge cover when turned due to the fact that it's square and the cartridge cover is circular.

Can someone help me identify the cartridge and an acceptable replacement faucet trim that I can mount onto the existing valve and cartridge? The closest looking cartridge I've found online is the Danco Versitech. Does that look right? Any good trims that people can recommend which match that? Do I need to replace the whole cartridge and identify the valve to get a good match (not ideal)? Should I just live with a crooked faceplate and janky handle if no water is getting behind it?

As is probably apparent, I'm very much a plumbing noob, so no explanation is too simple. Thank you in advance for the help

IMG_2860.JPG

IMG_2862.JPG

IMG_2864(1).JPG

That is probably the right one.
Danze makes one similar but it has a splined stem.
I don't see to many valves that have a square stem.

But that video next to the photo on your link is for replacing a Moen Positemp cartridge.

cefa38f5-7ce5-4916-8eb9-f2029a0dff0a_1000.jpg

Back