Toilet Tank Not Refilling

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DCTroutKing

Reaction score
Upon flushing the toilet the other day, I noticed I did not hear it refill. I opened the lid to the tank and noticed it was less than a quarter full of water. I turned the water supply to the toilet off for about five minutes - upon turning the water back on, the toilet filled.

This continues to happen after a few uses and is always resolved by the method I mentioned above.

Side note - I noticed the Refill Tube is not connected to the Overflow tube, not sure if this is contributing to this issue.

Any thoughts on what could be the issue?

Thanks in advance!

The refill tube must be secured into the overflow port. if not, you will create a siphon affect. Place it into the tube, secure it with a clip from the package (or wire) and report back.

I secured the refill tube into the overflow tube, flushed the toilet, after about 15 seconds, water came into the tube and the tank filled. My assumption is the 15 second delay is not the norm.

So, how long did it take to fill the tank? Is your angle stop valve fully opened? Are you saying your issue is now corrected?

Back