Can't fit sink clips on front

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KanGuy

Reaction score
I had a guy install new countertop today nd I had a new 22x33 Kohler sink for him to install. When he laid the sink on the counter to measure for the cutout, he said the front edge of the cut would be flush with the inside edge of the sink cabinet frame. He said this would mean sink clips couldn't be used on the front edge and he didn't want to proceed. He wanted me to find a smaller sink. If he can use clips on the other three sides and caulk, is that OK? Or is there another work-around?

There are very few 21x33 sinks made. TIA for any suggestions. We're desperate to get our kitchen in working order again after a week offline!

Some silicone under the rim, the plumbing parts connected, and three clips will secure it pretty solid.

Look at the clips and make sure that if you drill holes they will work they way you want.
Drilling horizontal holes is a good idea.
Be careful you don't drill them to deep.

swap the SS for a cast iron drop in. Not clips needed. the weight and a little caulk will hold it just fine

Back