Shower help

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndersonBrosServ

Reaction score
I have a customer that is selling one of his rental houses. The bathroom has a 5 piece fiberglass shower that happens to be green. The Realtor told my customer that he should either paint or replace the shower because the green wont work. The big problem is that at some point the shower valve was changed, the spout and shower head were moved. A large hole was cut in the wall of the shower to gain access to the plumbing inside the wall, and an add on shelf unit was added after. A hole was drilled in the shelf for the spout, shower head and valve. The shelf was broken due to bad idea and not being secured properly. The line running to the shower head broke at some point, so every time the diverter is used the water just pours behind the shelf. They used chrome floor flanges to hide the holes where the pipes come through. I do not have a picture of the shelving unit right now but I will post one today. My question is does anyone know of a shelving unit that can be used to hide the plumbing? I suggested to the customer to replace the tub and surround, but the cost for the all the work needed he would just like to do what was done before but just do a better job. Any advice on the shelving unit would be great. I'm still going to try to convince the customer to replace the unit. I will post some pictures this evening giving more detail about what I am dealing with.

Sorry took forever to post pictures been busy. The first pictures are what I was describing in the post. It took some doing but I was able to convince the customer to replace the tub and surround. As you can clearly see it was the best choice.

20170822_121042.jpg

20170822_121029.jpg

20170823_192743.jpg

20170829_125314.jpg

Latest posts

Back