Pressure relief valve

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtmeloney

Reaction score
I live in a condo in San Diego. Our water heater has a Watts-210 gas shutoff valve in place of the standard T&P relief valve. There is no dedicated drain to the outside for the T&P valve if I did have one. The Watts-210 alone isn't enough to satisfy plumbing code.

I have attached a picture showing what I think might be a pressure relief valve installed on the building's supply line between the pressure regulator and the building. Is this a pressure relief valve and if so, does my watts-210 in combination with the relief valve satisfy the plumbing code requirements for temperature and pressure relief?

IMG_20170726_055957.jpg

Your water heater is in its current state is EXTREMELY dangerous. You need a t and p valve on the water heater. Shut off the water heater and install one immediately.

Reactions: SHR
By the code I work with, all water heaters are required to have a combination temperature and pressure relief valve installed in the port designated for that on the tank.

Reactions: SHR
Code states in San Diego that if you cannot get a drain line out side the you need to install a watts 210 and 211 valve. The picture you posted is the 211 and relieves pressure. The 210 is mounted on heater and kills the gas if temp gets to high

Latest posts

Back