Back up sump pump questions

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dyno1

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am in the process of changing out my old sump pump and installing a new sump pump with a new back up sump pump. In the past I had a battery operated sump pump however had an issue with the battery which caused the fire dept. to show up at my house and found out that the battery was leaching gas which was not good.

During my research I came across Liberty pumps and their Water Powered Back-Up Pump (SJ10). This pump seems like the perfect "safe" option for my needs. My only concern is that the room that the sump pump is located in occasionally in the winter the temperature will drop to zero degrees Celsius or 32 degrees Fahrenheit. This is pretty rare however many times the temperature in the winter will be a few degrees above zero. I believe water is always in this pump and does anyone see an issue with freezing and causing an issue with the pump

My second question is if I opt for the battery back up unit. I have the same issue that the battery is exposed to those lower temperatures.

I would love feed back on any of these topics or suggestions before I proceed with this project

thank-you

Latest posts

Back