I fixed the flapper and now my toilet has a WEAK flush. Plz Help

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daveh888

Reaction score
Hi guys,

My toilet flapper was leaking and so I replaced it with another one that now seals everything fine, however, my flush became very weak. Takes multiple flushes to get rid of all paper, etc.

I've tried it all. I changed chain links to be long, then to be very short, then moved it higher on the stick and then towards the end ... nothing helped. My other choice is to replace the toilet but I hoping I can get help ere to avoid the extra expense.

thank you.

Higher on the stick? Most likely you were supposed to cut the ring off the new flapper and install it on the flush valve arms only.

I think it might be the issue of the toilet bowl. Pour a bucket of water into the toilet and check whether it flushes. If it flushes, then the problem is with the bowl. I use muratic acid to clean the bowl (I came to know about this from home depot). The professional plumbers don’t recommend to use muratic acid.
You might have a block in the trap or drain. Use a toilet auger to clear the toilet traps. The plungers are of no use because it just forces the water around the obstruction.

Latest posts

Back