Kitchen faucet recommendations?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrianL

Reaction score
I'm looking for the cheapest pull out faucet that won't cause me trouble. I know Moen is good, but expensive. Any other brands that are good, or to stay away from? I've noticed a lot of faucets, even more expensive/brand ones often have bad reviews. How about EZ-Flo? They get good reviews on Amazon.
Should I make sure to get one that's metal?

These should be pull out faucets sorted by price:
https://www.lowes.com/pl/Kitchen-fa...d=sortBy_priceLowToHigh&refinement=4294768651
http://www.homedepot.com/b/Kitchen-...cSearch/Ntt-faucet?NCNI-5&Ns=P_REP_PRC_MODE|0

In the faucet world, you get what you pay for. By a cheap faucet, expect to replace it in a few years. Don't recognize the brand? Probably going to struggle finding replacement parts.

I reccomend Moen products. You will always get parts, customer service is great, and they're not very highly priced.

Moen Used to be a good thing. I put a lot of those in.
What I have seen lately and that goes for one I installed in my kitchen is the spout with pull out spray gets tight and does not turn as easy as it should.

It has the single hole mounting nut with the screws that tighten up against the underside of the sink. I have already gone under there and retightened the damn thing once a couple months ago. Well it's starting to loosen up again.

And it wasn't the cheap one either.

I don't like Kohler or American Standard faucets.
I think I'll install a Delta next time around

Hard to tell what is the best option these days. Hard to rely on their history.
Being as they have to be so competitive, they cut a lot of corners to stay afloat in the business.

Odd you are having so much trouble. We dont seem to have issues with them coming loose much unless the countertop is getting soft or something

I've looked at Moen and Delta single handle pull out units up to $200, and surprisingly with the models I looked at, both brands had quite a few problems with leaking, or eventually no flow. Moen seems to have more problems with the plastic pieces wearing out or breaking, leaking. Delta seems to have corrosion problems (no flow), or leaking (and they're also made with a lot of plastic). Perhaps $300 units are better, but at that price, I would just get a cheap one instead and replace it every few years, if there wasn't a possibility of it flooding. If anyone has a particular model that's good, please let me know. Is there no reliable model at a reasonable price exist anymore? Or, should I stick with a non pull out model?

I bought a Moen 7594ERS Arbor Motionsense. I initially was waffling a lot between buying a more expensive motion sensing unit, or a standard one. I also did a lot of research online as well as talking to our plumber, who works in big buildings all around NYC. While he didn't particularly have an opinion on motion vs non-motion, he did have Moen on his short list of 3 brands that are worth buying.

I read a guide on HomeInventingHub that for this one and decided to spend the extra money for a motion sense unit. The decision was between this one and another major maker that you likely have seen here. I read complaints about the other one, and a family friend had nothing but complaints about theirs. I also liked that this had features the others didn't such as the front/top sensors that dont require actually touching the unit, which would defeat the whole purpose for me when I have dirty hands/arms.

Fast forward now that I've owned this for months and man, we're pretty happy with this purchase!

Back