Toilet Help

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbarat

Reaction score
Hello... We recently redid all the plumbing in our home. We moved the toilet about 3 ft from where it use to sit. Basically we cut the **** pipe, Turned it, and booted where the crack was (which is above the drain pipes). All my drains work great but my toilet gets clogged on what seems to be nothing. It's a crapshoot on if you will have to plunge or not. It does this on solids or liquids in the bowl. (plunging does make it work for a bit)

We redid the whole back half of the house so anything is possible.

The toilet itself was our OLD toilet since it wasn't that old we did not replace it. We also had no issues with the toilet prior to the remodel.

Not sure what could cause this.. My contractor said he cleared the pipe out so not sure what to do here and am looking for any suggestions.

Thanks all!

he is but he is also a friend who was doing me a favor so.... Maybe he didn't clear it all the way? it's only like 2.5 feet from the main stack.

I am not personally a plumber but when you cut and add elbows, then lengthen the run on possibly no pitch, and run it farther than the maximum runs, you are a recipe for disaster. Also, a low flow, under quality toilet will allow the crap to just sit there waiting to clog. Lots of possibilities that can go wrong. BTW, are these 90 degree elbows or did he use two 45 degree elbows?

We literally used a cast iron splitter to crack the stack and rotated it. We didn't add anything new to the line at all. I don't think it would have changed the pitch. It is a low flow toilet but like i said i had no issues with it before the change. The branch of for the toilet is only about 3 feet from the stack. It goes directly down with an elbow (i think 45) then straight piped to the stack at a downward angle...

Is it possible the toilet itself may have had some corrosion or damage while off the line? Everything was disconnected for about 6 months.

Latest posts

Back